Sunday, February 5, 2017

Monday Mural: lilies on the wall

A Jet Martinez mural was recently completed in downtown Oakland at the rear of the iconic I. Magnin Building.   I. Magnin was a chic fashion store on Broadway and 20th housed in a fantastic green terracotta tiled Deco building.  It now contains offices and still shines among the other Deco buildings that grace downtown.  This mural was arranged through Athen B Gallery and made possible through the building owners HP Investors and Lake Merritt/Uptown Association. Did anyone else think of Diego Rivera when they first looked at this?

Welcome to Monday Mural.  If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you; just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to your mural finds posted this week.

“ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Rev. John Watson


18 comments:

  1. This one is quite spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the wavy patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous! Suits the Art Deco style perfectly, what a beauty you have for us here ODP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful mural, has a calming effect on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever shown the Paramount Theater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed. I'd have to hunt for the post. Let me know if you'd like me to do that for you.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I've seen them all. I visited it back in 1990's before digital photos and was very angry because I hadn't a spare film.

      Delete
  6. It's beautiful! I always seem to be the last one to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are lovely gigantic lilies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty piece. The style also makes it so attractive.
    I remember seeing Jet Martinez mural in San Jose a few years back. That was so lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, love the wavy patterns.


    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete